Guacamole with Black Beans and Roasted Corn
Sunday's in the summer are all about relaxing at the pool and what better way to spend the day than next to water with a fabulous bowl of guacamole and a cold margarita? Guacamole is a fabulous way to get additional veggies and protein too! I will often add red bell peppers to my guacamole for an additional boost of vitamin C ;)
Here is what you will need:
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 1 ear of roasted corn
- ½ cup of room temperature cooked black beans (avoid canned black beans)
- ½ large white onion, finely chopped (completely optional - meaning I don't do this)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1-2 limes for fresh lime juice
- Blue corn tortilla chips, for serving
We grow our own herbs to get the most flavor out of our cilantro, so I urge you to start yourself a little herb garden if you don't already have one. You will be amazed by the difference in your dishes!
Roasting corn is uber simple - we simply shucked the corn and coated it with butter and garlic salt. Place it over medium to high heat. Keep rotating the corn to as desired doneness.
Cut the avocadoes into fours, remove the pits, and dice up the avocado (this helps avocado from getting mushy).
Combine corn, beans, onion, cilantro, salt/pepper and lime juice in a bowl. Gently mix. Serve immediately, with chips. Viola!